Monday 20th October 2014
Why Open Transactions? Because Appcoins Suck
Here’s the endgame as I imagine it:
* Bitcoin is base money. It is used as cash for most types of routine purchases.
* The blockchain also serves a few non-monetary roles, like hosting colored coins.
* OT is a contract-processing system. It is used for financial instruments (everything that is not base money): loans, stocks, bonds, trade credit, smart contracts, all types of credit in general
* In order to achieve federation, OT will rely heavily on colored coins
* Colored coins can’t host their own metadata in the blockchain, so they need some type of external metadata processing system in order to be useful.
* OT will become the standard metedata system for colored coins
* OT + colored coins makes Ripple, Counterparty, Mastercoin, Bitshares, etc all redundant.
* Users will prefer OT+CC to all the above because OT+CC doesn’t require them to purchase tokens from IPO investors.
* Ethereum is impractical for reasons beyond the scope of this post
* Openbazaar-style functionality is already being added to the reference OT GUI
* OT will survive because it has avoided the mandatory token approach, all the other projects will not.
Saturday 24th January 2015
Bitcoin Sidechains vs. BitsharesX
Truthcoin is planned to be a sidechain of Bitcoin. This means you can switch between Bitcoin and Truthcoin’s CashCoin as much as you wish, whenever you wish
The goal of this project is to get external data into the blockchain reliably, and use that data efficiently and conservatively.
Truthcoin attempts to create a trustless oracle, which reliably absorbs accurate data into a blockchain for use in Prediction Markets. These markets have many applications (which include superior alternatives to Lighthouse, Counterparty/Medici, BitsharesX, and Ethereum, for a start).
If you’ve got only a few seconds to spare: Truthcoin in Six Slides.
Wednesday 18th March 2014
Shapeshift Currency Exchange
ShapeShift’s exchange volume has been growing by 30% per month for the past six months. There is no easier or safer way to trade Bitcoin with Litecoin, Darkcoin, Ripple, NXT, Bitshares, and other leading digital assets.
There is no signup process whatsoever. You can now move between digital assets with the grace and elegance that only cryptocurrency permits – Emily, Shapeshift